Who is André Testa, the volleyball coach arrested for sexual abuse of SC athletes | volleyball
Aged 25 at the time, André was a linesman at the Maracanãzinho, the place the Brazilian males’s nationwide staff received gold and their third championship. Six years later, he was arrested after making a number of complaints, some of them from 2017. The Civil Police investigates the instances.
Read extra information
+ “It was my first time,” says the sufferer of the volleyball coach
+ The volleyball coach has been arrested for the rape of the weak
In a doc, André Testa’s protection assessed the preventive detention as “inappropriate, pointless and unlawful”, and that it is based mostly on “inferences and conjectures”.
– André is harmless and the accusations are baseless. As might be seen all through the course of, there is an allegation of a revenge bias. All the data collected up to now was produced with out giving rights to the rival system – says a press release signed by attorneys Leandro Henrique Martendal and Marlon Charles Bertol.
André Testa labored for Associação Terra Firme de São José, Greater Florianópolis, which receives public cash from the metropolis corridor. The municipal administration has already eliminated the coach from all actions as a precaution, since the complaints had been identified.
André Testa performed in the Olympic Games — Photo: Reproduction
Although he was a referee, he got here to work for the grownup volleyball staff of São Jose at the similar time that he coached the youth who competed in the Santa Catarina School Games (JESC). He additionally coordinated a number of native and state degree competitions and was an arbitrator in the sports activities Grand Prix.
Complaints towards the coach started in May. One of the victims, now an grownup, went to the Civil Police to report abuse in 2017, when he was 15 years previous. The NSC tv group has stored its id.
– He took me to his home and there he began to rub me, issues and such. Anyway, I did not have any malice at the time as a result of I trusted him loads, he was a really persuasive individual, you already know. He earns loads of your belief and ended up abusing me – he stated.
“I wasn’t, how can I say, I wasn’t doing effectively on this state of affairs. It was my first time, I used to be a virgin at the time,” he added.
Another athlete, who is older, says he skilled a really comparable state of affairs with the similar coach at the similar time.
– He went with me to a restaurant. He purchased alcohol there, however he continued to power me to drink alcohol, although I did not wish to. And he insisted, insisted, insisted and I ended up giving up. And then I received completely drunk there at the time. In my idea, after we went to the automobile, I believed we had been going to sleep at the athlete’s home, to coach the subsequent day. But then he took a special route, he went to the motel. But I solely have flash reminiscence, I haven’t got full reminiscence as a result of I’m drunk. I could not bodily maintain again. He took me to the bathe, laid me bare and raped me.
Another athlete says that he was not abused, however that the coach’s habits with younger folks caught his consideration.
“He used to make little jokes prefer it was fairly intimate, you already know. He touched the athletes, made some sexual jokes to the athletes, made them uncomfortable. They had been awkward, that they had no reply. They did not know what to do as a result of they noticed him as a “boy”, he stated.
The father of an athlete says he heard rumors about older instances and determined to strategy the youngsters. Before lengthy, he discovered extra experiences of minors from one other technology being abused by the similar coach.
One of the occasions was to be held in a Casa Atleta, which is used to shelter younger folks from different cities and states.
– We are stunned, disgusted, he was accountable for a challenge that serves kids, typically with needy kids, social issues, household, and looking out for one thing to calm down in sports activities, to be good and nice. there is such an occasion – he lamented.
In an excerpt of a message dialog between the two victims, minors, one of them says that he didn’t report back to the group so as to not trigger issues and to not destroy the goals of different younger folks.
THE Terra Firme Association He acknowledged that he doesn’t agree with this case, with any type of harassment, bodily, ethical or sexual, and that he eliminated the coach instantly, in order that investigations may very well be carried out with none interference with the gamers.
THE São Jose Municipal Sports Foundation additionally manifest In a press release, he informally realized of the criticism in May and instantly knowledgeable the technical managers of the volleyball challenge, and that the trainer was eliminated.
already Santa Caterina Volleyball Federation he won’t seem at the second, as a result of he is not conscious of the occasions and has not obtained any complaints. He hopes that the competent authorities will make clear every part based on the legislation.
THE Brazilian Volleyball Confederation (CBV) despatched a press release saying that, in view of the complaints obtained, the CBV ordered the Catarinense Volleyball Federation to right away take away the coach from his duties, in addition to droop the entity’s registration till the details are correctly verified. CBV reiterates that it rejects any form of harassment and that it consistently works for an atmosphere guided by ethics and respect and free of any form of violence or prejudice.
* John Pacheco, Juan Todescatt and Raphael Faraco are NSC reporters.