UFC 277: Amanda Nunes Warns: ‘I Want to Touch the Belt Again’ | fight
Amanda Nunes, 34, arrived in Dallas this week able she hasn’t held in a very long time: UFC belt challenger. For nearly 5 years as the reigning champion (up to 61.2 kilos), the Brazilian will now attempt towards Julianna Peña to regain the belt that had a particular place at dwelling for years. In an unique interview with Combate, the present featherweight champion (up to 65.8kg) needs to finish his eager for the object he claims is his.
Amanda Nunes tries to get well from her UFC 277 bantamweight damage
– I need to be champion once more, I need to contact the belt once more, take it dwelling. That’s my motivation for this fight, I need to be champion once more, I need my title up there once more. That’s what excites me: the fighter who fired him will rematch the American at UFC 277 subsequent Saturday, reside and completely. the fight.
Amanda Nunes tries to reclaim her bantamweight belt towards Julianna Peña at UFC 277 in Dallas — Photo: Evelyn Rodrigues
Entering the fight since her first bantamweight title protection towards Ronda Rousey on December 30, 2016 as champion, Amanda misplaced the title on December 11, 2021 when Julianna Peña submitted her in the second spherical with a again faucet. The Bahian fighter depends on the confidence of his rival to win once more.
– I believe the problem is that he trusts hell! And that is what makes me harmful, it is my opponent’s confidence. When he reveals himself quite a bit, that is the place I can discover gaps to push out, to introduce, to develop in the fight. He actually comes with a variety of gasoline, he is a troublesome athlete, and he has my belt, he beat me, it is indeniable. But he is aware of I wasn’t actually 100% in that fight, he is aware of I did not have a great camp, he is aware of I had accidents. He is aware of I’d be straightforward prey after which it occurred. I misplaced the belt and now we’re right here to get it again and proceed to make historical past, proceed to carry my legacy ahead, proceed to put the title of Brazil on prime. I miss the belt, I need it again.
With a file of 21 wins and solely 5 losses, Amanda Nunes will face an opponent who was weak in her first fight and now, as a champion, she is going to come to defend her title on equal phrases. The Brazilian defined higher how he will get to the rematch.
– Juliana has a unique fashion, a bit loopy, she actually rises, she will take in a variety of blows. I’ve to be exact, I am unable to go to the lottery with him as a result of I’m sooner, I’ve extra punches, my floor ground is best than his, my wrestling is best than his. I’ve to be sensible too (…). I’ve to be pretty much as good as at the moment. I shall be exact. If I’ve to go to 5 shifts, I’ll do it, as a result of I’ve been to a number of in my profession. Sometimes I’ve to be calm and make the proper selections, and every thing shall be totally different.
Amanda Nunes and her new group gathered in Florida — Photo: Evelyn Rodrigues
Amanda and Julianna headlined The Ultimate Fighter 30 actuality present after their first fight and the American maintained a extra relaxed angle, with out the provocations he made earlier than his victory final yr. Amanda assures him that there’s nothing private along with her rival.
– Wow, I’ve nothing towards Julianna. It’s a method he does to promote himself, to speak quite a bit, to say nothing, in any case (…). But I haven’t got something towards him, I speak to him, and if he does not need to speak, effectively, life goes on – assured the Lion, however he later admitted that the feeling of defeat for Juliana eradicated any risk of ending it. his profession at that second…
– He did not need to exit like that. Of course I assumed, “you already know what, oh, cease with the belt, I’ve actually accomplished every thing I wished to in my profession”. But the method I misplaced it, I am unable to, I’d give it some thought all my life, it will be one thing that will at all times be there in my unconscious, I would not be okay. It actually gave me a variety of energy to come dwelling, go down to the gymnasium and practice exhausting to get again and get that belt again.
Focused on being extra cerebral on this rematch, Amanda Nunes appears to keep away from the eagerness she confirmed in her loss to Julianna when she began getting punched. He thinks he can finish the fight at any time, however he is aware of he may have 25 minutes to win.
– Actually, I believe I can submit at any time, however there are 5 rounds. I need to be pretty much as good in 5 rounds as I’ve at all times been in my different fights, and it is exact, sensible and well-timed to end. I am unable to make selections which are harmful for me.
Amanda Nunes and Julianna Peña host TUF 30 actuality present — Photo: Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC
For UFC 277, Amanda Nunes may also have a brand new truth: the preparation happened in the identical gymnasium she arrange close to her dwelling, in Florida. Shortly after shedding his final fight he left American Top Team and known as on previous and new companions to practice him.
– The schedule was related (with ATT), I adjusted some issues that I wished to change a bit. And I put a variety of precedence on sparring, one thing I wasn’t in a position to do in the final fight. I really feel good there, I really feel that every thing goes as deliberate (…). We additionally added different issues that we did not accomplish that a lot for the different camp, we began the race, as a result of I could not run, and that is the place I get my cardio – defined the fighter, who now has coach Roger. by his facet Krahl, wrestling coach Patrick Nagel and José Babuíno Jr. in jiu-jitsu, as well as to bodily coach Brandon Gallagher.
And regaining the belt is not going to imply the finish of his profession. If retirement has crossed Amanda Nunes’s thoughts a number of instances, she assures that the reality is that it’ll nonetheless take a while.
– I believe Sara McMann is 40 (years previous). [tem 41 anos, na verdade], and there he’s in hell and bodily preventing. There are lots of people who’ve made it to 40 preventing, I nonetheless have a variety of cock to shoot (laughs). I by no means had an damage that hindered my coaching like in the final fight, I managed to heal every thing effectively and now I’m tremendous. There is extra Amanda to come!
On Saturday, once more the fight “UFC 277” airs reside and completely beginning at 7:00 p.m. (Brazil time). Oh fight.com transmits”Battle Warming Up” and the first two fights from 18:30, as effectively SportTV 3 is Fight YouTube. The web site follows the occasion in actual time.
July 30, 2022 in Dallas, USA
MAIN CARD (23:00 GMT):
Bantamweight: Julianna Pena vs. Amanda Nunes
Flyweight: Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France
Heavyweight: Derrick Lewis vs. Sergei Pavlovich
Flyweight: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Alex Perez
Lightweight: Magomed Ankalaev vs. Anthony Smith
ADVANCE TICKETS (7:00 p.m. Brasilia time):
Welterweight: Alex Morono vs. Matt Semelsberger
Lightweight: Drew Dober vs. Rafael Alves
Heavyweight: Don’Tale Mayes vs. Hamdy Abdelwahab
Lightweight: Drakkar Klose vs Rafa Garcia
Welterweight: Michael Morales vs. Adam Fugitt
Bantamweight: Joselyne Edwards vs. Ji Yeon Kim
Lightweight: Nicolae Negumereanu vs Ihor Potieria
Welterweight: Orion Cosce vs. Mike Mathetha
UFC 277: Amanda Nunes Wants Her Belt Back Live on Combat!