The German Supercup has RB Leipzig as the opponent of the sovereign Bayern Munich in German football
The ruler of German football, Bayern Munich has a brand new challenger. This Saturday at 15:30 (Brazilian time), RB Leipzig welcomes the reigning ten-time Bundesliga champions to the German Supercup, a match that marks the begin of the season in the nation. Oh ge management the choice in actual time.
Carousel RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich — Photo: Arte: Infoesporte
A match that pits the Bavarian giants’ custom in opposition to a crew with a pure teenage problem. After all, RB Leipzig is just 13 years previous, and is already succesful of difficult the German champions. Or at the very least attempt to.
– Bayern is the greatest crew in Germany, however in current years we’ve been getting nearer and nearer.. Tomorrow’s sport (Saturday) is simply one other sport, the vital factor is that we did effectively in the Champions League, we have been in the semi-finals of the Europa League and we gained the German Cup – commented the Danish striker Yussuf this Friday. in Poulsen.
- The Bundesliga has dominated out permitting play-offs to cut back Bayern Munich’s dominance
Yussuf Poulsen, RB Leipzig striker — Photo: Allan Caldas
RB Leipzig’s most capped participant (326), Poulsen has been with the membership since 2013, when RB Leipzig have been enjoying in Germany’s third division. He noticed carefully, and with an vital participation, the development of the membership till it reached the first stage, till it shone internationally and gained its first title in the elite. But a thigh harm retains him out of the subject for Saturday’s decider.
– It’s tough, it is all the time worse not with the ability to assist the crew. I get extra nervous cheering in the stadium than enjoying,” he mentioned.
Ten-time German champions, Bayern have participated in consecutive German Super Cups since 2013. He has gained 5 of the final six editions. They misplaced star Robert Lewandowski, who left for Barcelona, but in addition signed the well-known Sadio Mané, ex-Liverpool.
Having just lately performed a pre-season event in the United States, Bayern most popular to coach in Munich and solely journey to Leipzig on Friday night time. Former RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann feels at dwelling in the metropolis, a lot in order that he took benefit of his return to go to a neighborhood ice cream store on the eve of the choice.
Former East Germany’s solely metropolis in the World Cup
Leipzig has its personal attraction. In 2006, it was the solely metropolis in the former East Germany to host World Cup matches. The stadium, constructed for the World Cup, grew to become the dwelling of RB Leipzig after its founding in 2009. But solely now has he taken the colours of the membership, which took benefit of the pre-season to color the stands purple.
Former goalkeeper Perry Bräutigam, born out of an previous membership in the metropolis, Lokomotive Leipzig, has been RB Leipzig’s goalkeeping coach since the crew’s inception. Born in Altenburg, in the former east of the nation, he performed for regional golf equipment such as Carls Zeiss Jena and Hansa Rostok. At 59, he is aware of that success at RB Leipzig goes past sports activities.
– Leipzig has all the time been crucial in East Germany, it has all the time been very profitable in sports activities, however after the reunification of the nation (in 1990), our sports activities energy disappeared. The creation of RB Leipzig in the metropolis has had a big impact on the entire area, folks have come again to say that we’ve a sporting success once more.That we’ve an amazing crew in the Bundesliga, and that was crucial for the folks right here – mentioned Bräutigam at the press convention for international journalists on the eve of the last.
Claudio Pizarro celebrates a Bayern aim with Thomas Müller in 2014 – Photo: AP
Also current at the press convention, former Peruvian striker Claudio Pizarro can communicate with possession about Bayern’s energy. Between 1999 and 2020, he was break up between the Munich membership and Werder Bremen, with two temporary spells at Chelsea and Cologne.
Although he performed ten seasons for Werder (4 instances), he solely gained titles in Germany with the shirt of Bayern (16 in 9 seasons).
– The distinction between Bayern and the others is consistency. Other groups typically get huge wins after which draw in opposition to lesser rivals, these video games it’s a must to win. This shouldn’t be the case with Bayern. It’s a matter of mentality, the character of the crew, that is why they proceed to be champions yearly – commented the Peruvian, who now works as an envoy for the Bundesliga.
Stopping Bayern Munich is the problem for the different 17 groups in Germany’s first division. The season begins this Saturday, and RB Leipzig has the first probability to alter the football scene in the nation.
* The journalist travels at the invitation of the German Football League (DFL).