Suárez wears National jersey in packed Central Park: ‘I came back to win’ | international football
Luis Suárez stepped onto the grass of the Gran Parque Central, donned a Nacional shirt and gave an emotional speech to the gang that packed the stadium to see him on his return to Uruguay.
– I’m right here for you. I would not be as completely happy anyplace as I’m right here. I’ve three fantastic kids and their dream was to see me play for Nacional. And now I need to repay you for what you’ve gotten completed for me and my household. Returning to the sector, along with my teammates, as a result of with out them there might be nothing.
- Suarez is coming to Uruguay to signal with Nacional
Suarez on his return to Nacional – Photo: Andres Cuenca Olaondo/Reuters
The 35-year-old striker, the highest scorer in the historical past of the Uruguayan nationwide group (68 targets in 132 video games), additionally stated that he returned to Nacional to win titles.
– I came right here as a result of I need to win. I’m in a giant group and I do know we are able to win the titles we’re going to play for. Now we’ve got to put together, play football and have enjoyable.
Suárez ought to make his debut for Nacional, the membership that launched him to football, subsequent Tuesday when the group face Atlético-GO in the Copa Sudamericana. The striker have to be on the bench.
Suarez speaks upon arrival at Nacional — Photo: Marcel Lins
Nacional confirmed a video of Messi wishing his good friend and former Barcelona teammate the most effective of luck throughout his time at Nacional.
“I understand how vital it’s for you to be there. We Newells followers do not have fond reminiscences of Nacional. But I at all times want you the most effective, fats man.
Messi sends a message to Suarez on his return to Nacional
- Sincerão, captain of Atlético-GO, assesses the conflict towards Luis Suárez: “We have an issue”
Suárez obtained the quantity 9 shirt from Argentine ahead Emanuel Gigliotti, who had worn the quantity till then.
– It is an honor to have a world-class participant such as you who teaches us right here day by day, stated the central striker.
Before coming into the pitch, Suárez went by means of the Parque Central altering rooms the place he met the present group
In addition to the gang, Suárez was additionally welcomed by Nacional’s historic idols, similar to former goalkeeper Jorge Seré (Libertadores and World Cup champion in 1988) and former strikers Alvaro Recoba and Ruben Sosa. One of them, Sebastian “Loco” Abreu, was on the membership in 2005 when Suárez made his skilled debut. After seeing the then-young Suárez practice, Abreu informed then-coach Martín Lasarte:
– When this child begins taking part in, I’ll have to go away.
Gran Parque Central stadium full for the return of Suárez — Photo: Marcel Lins
This Sunday, Abreu greeted his good friend, with whom he performed for years in the Uruguayan nationwide group.
– He’s going to get a variety of love right here main up to the World Cup, and that is one thing that may’t be measured, one thing that may’t be captured by statistics. This is why he’ll come to the World Cup, Abreu informed TV do Nacional.
Upon touchdown at Montevideo airport, the attacker met Colombian singer Sebastian Yatra, who had additionally arrived in Uruguay for a efficiency. The singer posted the photograph to his practically 30 million followers on Instagram.
On Twitter, the singer joked:
– This was the primary shirt that Suarez signed after returning to Nacional. At least that is what I’d like to imagine!
Home: Luis Suárez will play for Nacional-URU