Europeans? With Tite, Brazil has a worse performance against African teams Brazilian team
With 74 video games earlier than Brazil’s nationwide team, Tite will face African opponents for the fourth and fifth time since taking cost six years in the past. On Friday, Brazil will play a pleasant against Ghana at 15:30 (Brazil time) in Le Havre, France. Then, subsequent Tuesday, Tunisia would be the opponent, on the identical time, in Paris, on the PSG stadium.
Despite accepting the repressed request for matches against the Europeans, a recurring theme throughout the CBF and in interviews with the coach, Brazil’s performance against Africans with Tite is the worst in comparison with all different continents.
There have been solely three video games, with just one victory, against Cameroon, in 2018, after the Cup, and two attracts – the primary within the historical past of the nationwide team against the Africans. During the Tite interval the use is 55%. – see all the data within the photographs under.
The attracts got here after Brazil went 5 video games with out a win after profitable the Copa America in 2019. They drew against Colombia. Senegal and Nigeria and two defeats – to Peru and Argentina. All have been pleasant matches.
+ Vini Júnior receives help after being a sufferer of racism within the Selection: “Closed group”
+ See how Brazil’s first coaching session in France went
In November 2018, Brazil beat Cameroon 1-0, Richarlison scoring. Then, 1-1 and 2-2 against the Senegalese and Nigerians, respectively. A tough-fought sport, Brazil struggled to create performs and at occasions suffered fast counter-attacks. Like Sadio Mane, then Roberto Firmino’s teammate at Liverpool. The Senegalese obtained a penalty within the match in Singapore after passing Daniel Alves and Marquinhos.
Neymar surrounded by Senegal in the course of the 1-1 pleasant draw with Brazil in Singapore in October 2019 — Photo: Pedro Martins / MoWA Press
– This is the second time we’ve performed against an African faculty, and it’s the second time we’ve had difficulties. It was the identical against Cameroon. They are teams that search for contact, compaction, robust ball within the air. And we’re nonetheless discovering one of the simplest ways to play against African teams – mentioned Tite, after the draw against Senegal.
The Brazilian nationwide team will face Ghana for the fifth time in its historical past. He gained the 4 video games he performed. There have been three friendlies and a World Cup duel (2006)
In 2018, Brazil beat Cameroon
Best moments: Brazil 1 x 0 Cameroon for worldwide pleasant
Draws against Senegal and Nigeria
Best moments: Brazil 1 x 1 Senegal in a world pleasant
Brazil’s greatest moments in a 1 x 1 Nigeria pleasant
Under-20 world champion in 2009
Although the colleges are totally different, the thought of the Brazilian team to face African opponents is partly to simulate the sport against Cameroon within the World Cup, the third of the primary stage. In a group with Uruguay, South Korea and Portugal, Ghana may meet Brazil within the final 16 if each teams qualify for the group stage..
Historically, Ghana is without doubt one of the largest soccer powerhouses in Africa. Four African Cup of Nations titles (the final one was a very long time in the past, in 1982), Under 20 world championship (conquered Brazil on penalties in 2009, against a Brazilian era that included Douglas Costa, Giuliano and Alex Teixeira) and Argentina’s runner-up within the class.
The West African nation goes fourth World Cup – their greatest end was in 2010, after they misplaced to Uruguay on penalties.. It’s a memorable match: Luis Suárez blocked a Ghanaian aim along with his hand after which the Africans missed a penalty. Asaase radio’s Ghanaian journalist Benedict Owusu mentioned, nevertheless, that expectations usually are not the most effective given their horrible marketing campaign on the Africa Cup of Nations.
– Today, we don’t have a lot confidence in our team for the World Cup. In the final Africa Cup of Nations, Ghana had the worst participation in its historical past. But now they’re constructing a squad with good gamers resembling Inaki Williams (Atletico Bilbao Spanish striker), Tariq Lamptey (England Brighton proper again) and others who’ve modified their nationality to hitch the team. The brilliance of captain Andre Ayew (from Al-Sadd Qatar), Kudus Mohammed, who’s doing very properly at Ajax. Also Thomas Partey (Arsenal), whom Otto Addo tailored very properly to get the most effective out of him -, highlighted the Ghanaian journalist.
– Today, we’re standing, however when you take a look at the team from Portugal, Uruguay and South Korea, it’s a very robust match. It can be very tough for Ghana to get previous the group stage.
The proprietor of the Youtube channel “África Mamba”, the journalist Luis Fernando Filho highlighted the traits of the teams which are 30 totally different locations within the FIFA rating – Tunisia, which fell within the final eight of the African Cup, is in thirtieth place. place, the third greatest ranked in Africa. Ghana, ranked sixtieth within the FIFA rankings, have only one level within the group stage of the continental competitors and have simply modified their coach.
– Ghana and Tunisia belong to very totally different African faculties. At the aggressive degree, Brazil had a good likelihood on the FIFA date. While the Ghanaians provide an attacking sport that may require a larger defensive dedication from the team, the Tunisians will ask for “tactical endurance” from the Brazilians within the second of assault. Tunisia at the moment has probably the greatest defensive methods in African soccer – commented the journalist, who additionally has the “Ponta de Lanka” podcast devoted to African soccer.
The Tunisian nationwide team certified for the Qatar World Cup within the sport – Photo: REUTERS
Tite’s assistant coach, Cleber Xavier expects Ghana to play in a 4-3-3. The new coach is Otto Addo, 47, a former nationwide team participant who was on the bench throughout Ghana’s 3-0 defeat by Brazil on the 2006 World Cup.. Another spotlight of the team is striker Jordan Ayew, from Crystal Palace, brother of Andre Ayew of the capital and a participant within the team of American Botafogo investor John Textor.
In historical past, the Brazilian team has confronted African teams 37 occasions – 34 wins, two attracts and one defeat. Precisely for Cameroon, the opponents of the primary section of the 2022 Cup. Cameroon’s victory was in 2003, within the Confederations Cup.
Ghana draw with Nigeria as they safe their fourth World Cup berth – Photo: Getty Images
– It is probably the most unknown of all of the African teams within the World Cup. It’s a roster filled with adjustments and a younger wing like 22-year-old Mohammed Kudus is rising. However, “Black Stars” can have it Big reinforcements who ought to make their debuts for the World Cup and against Brazil: Iñaki Williams and Tariq Lamptey, gamers who opted to naturalize for his or her nation as a substitute of taking part in for Spain and England, respectively. – recalled the journalist of the channel “África Mamba”.
Tunisia come from 4 matches with three wins, two defeats, 4-0 against Equatorial Guinea within the qualifiers of the continental match, 3-0 in Japan and 2-0 against Chile, the final two video games of FIFA June.
Against Tunisia, it is going to be the second duel. In 1973, Brazil gained 4-1 in a pleasant in Tunisia. Those have been different occasions. Today, the “Eagles”, because the team that competed within the 1978, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2018 cups is thought, are nicknamed “African Italians” because of the group of the defensive system.
The Brazilian team, in the course of the Tite period, against the African teams — Photo: Arte
Against the Europeans, one of many defeats of the Tite period — Photo: Arte ge
Against their South American rivals, Tite’s team has a superb performance — Photo: Arte ge
Against Central American teams, Brazil gained three matches. One of them, against Costa Rica within the Russian Cup — Photo: Arte ge
Asian teams misplaced all the things in six video games against Tite’s team — Photo: Arte ge
Against North American teams, extra Brazilian benefit — Photo: Arte ge
The total retrospective of the Tite period may be very optimistic — Photo: Arte ge
The agenda of the Brazilian nationwide team till the top of the primary section of the Qatar Cup — Photo: Arte ge